NERDDINNER.MDF cannot be opened because it is version 655. This server supports version 612 and earlier.

Jul 20, 2010 at 9:07 AM

Hi all,

I've downloaded and added the NerdDinner_2.0 project to Visual Studio 2010, but when I try to run it, I get the following error:

The database '.....\APP_DATA\NERDDINNER.MDF' cannot be opened because it is version 655. This server supports version 612 and earlier. A downgrade path is not supported.

Any ideas on how to resolve this? I am running SQL Server 2008.

Kind regards,

Erwin

Jul 20, 2010 at 4:51 PM

Same problem here.  Is there a sql script that I can use to recreate the DB?

Using VS2010, SQL Server 2008 R2 express

Dave

Jul 24, 2010 at 3:19 AM

I am trying to get the database connectivity to work. I have the same error message. Very frustrating experience.

Coordinator
Jul 24, 2010 at 4:25 AM
This means you don't have the latest SQL Express 2008. Download the Web Platform Installer at http://Microsoft.com/web and update your SQL, or follow the ND tutorial and create your own DB.

--
Scott Hanselman - Tiny phone, tiny email

On Jul 23, 2010, at 7:19 PM, "senf" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I am trying to get the database connectivity to work. I have the same error message. Very frustrating experience.

Aug 14, 2010 at 1:46 AM
Edited Aug 14, 2010 at 8:38 PM

Download latest version of SQL Express and delete the files in the 

C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server Data\SQLEXPRESS</tt>

directory worked for me

Jan 13, 2012 at 4:19 PM
Edited Jan 14, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Hi 

I was also having problems when I implemented NerdDinner on my localhost, using SQL Server 2008.

The solution to get NerdDinner MDFs up and running smootly is actually quite simple

I have download nerddinner-70027 and using trunk folder (that is MVC 3 razor)

Now just do these 3 steps and you will have NerdDinner up and running with the included mdf databases inside app_data folder.

1. download and install Microsoft® SQL Server® 2012 Express RC0 
from http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=28151 you may also download SQL Management Studio from same place. 

2. now just open NerdDinner, using its solution file (in Visual Studio (I'm using 2010)) and open web.config and connectionStrings.config
The connection-strings inside the two former mentioned files should point to your 2012 server instance name e.g.

web.config  

<add name="applicationservices" connectionString="data source=your-pc-name\your-sql-server-express-2012-name;integrated security=sspi;attachdbfilename=|datadirectory|aspnetdb.mdf;user instance=true" providerName="system.data.sqlclient" />
    <add name="nerddinners" connectionString="data source=your-pc-name\your-sql-server-express-2012-name;integrated security=sspi;attachdbfilename=|datadirectory|nerddinner.mdf;user instance=true;multipleactiveresultsets=true" providerName="system.data.sqlclient" />

ConnectionString

<add
      name="ApplicationServices"
      connectionString="your-pc-name\your-sql-server-express-2012-name;
Integrated Security=SSPI;
AttachDBFilename=|DataDirectory|aspnetdb.mdf;
User Instance=True"
providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"
    />

<add name="NerdDinnerEntities"
            connectionString="metadata=res://*/Models.NerdDinner.csdl|res://*/Models.NerdDinner.ssdl|res://*/Models.NerdDinner.msl;
            provider=System.Data.SqlClient;provider connection string=&quot;
            Data Source=Source=your-pc-name\your-sql-server-express-2012-name;
            AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\NerdDinner.mdf;
            Integrated Security=True;
            User Instance=True;
            MultipleActiveResultSets=True&quot;"
            providerName="System.Data.EntityClient"
     />

3. Open Server Explorer (inside VS) and right click mdf databases one by one, go to Modify Connection > klik Advanced button and change the DataSource to your 2012 sql server instance name

Thats it. Everything should run just smootly. 

Sincerely

Mohammad