NerdDinner is a good architecture reference?

Apr 28, 2010 at 2:25 PM
Its a good idea use NerdDinner as reference? Its simple and works. I think S#arp developer its more complex that need
May 14, 2010 at 11:17 PM

You might also look at the, it's a little simpler.

May 14, 2010 at 11:21 PM

Ayende did not like the code

May 14, 2010 at 11:23 PM

Ayende likes very little code. He didn't like NerdDinner either. Perhaps find a project he does like?

May 14, 2010 at 11:47 PM

I am curious about use EF4 ObjectContext at Controller.

I dont have much mvc projects  to use as reference.

Some approaches:

Controler -> ObjectContext

Controler -> Repository -> ObjectContext

Controler -> Service -> Repository -> ObjectContext

Sometime I think that repositories are waste of time, just replicating  ObjectContext interface. Some people use "GenericRepository<T> where T: Entity" with GetById, Add, Delete and Update....then, why not just reference ObjectContext directly, its more fast, easy to do, easy to understand. UnitOfWork too...

Services are util sometimes, ie.: Add HistoricalChanges when saving a object.

What you preffer?

Jun 26, 2010 at 9:56 AM

thanks for the pointer Scott - was about to delve in to take a look at the nerdDinner tutorial for the first time (having watched your 90min presentation few times and getting totally confused) - did one run through of the Music Store - understood a bit, deleted it and started to nail it....... Will try it again without the PDF later and then perhaps move to a little test project..... 

Before I go back to NerdDinner, how different is that tutorial in MVC1 to what I am learning in MVC2 - am I better off waiting for the revised documentation. I just am concerned if when I learnt 1.1 and then 2.0, I wish I had just waited and skipped 1.1. thanks for any help in advance people !!