I've been looking for a solution or even a reason for this issue for a while now, so am hoping you will be able to help me.
The site I am working on is based on NerdDinner although it has grown a bit since then.
I think it is easiest if I explains this in steps:
- Consider an Index list of Applications containing Apps 'Access' and 'Outlook'
- Select an Application to Edit, e.g. 'Access'
- Rename 'Access' to 'Outlook'
- Hit 'Save' (i.e. UpdateModel(application) is called, but not Repository.Save())
- Error message occurs: 'Application already exists'
- Hit 'Cancel'
- You are returned to the Index list where you see 'Access' and 'Outlook'
- Select 'Access' Details
- 'Access' name is 'Outlook', all other details are those for 'Access'
If I then look in the database, both 'Access' and 'Outlook' are still correct.
Why and where is UpdateModel saving this data and how can I solve this?