Visual Studio 2010 conversion of NerdDinner 1.0

Nov 25, 2009 at 5:13 AM

Hi All;

Visual Studio 2010 seems confused when converting NerdDinner 1.0. The Conversion Report says everything converted fine. But the Solution Explorer says NerdDinner project is (unavailable).

Does somebody already have NerdDinner 1.1 for vs2k10?

Thanks,
Dale E. Moore 

Dec 8, 2009 at 9:39 PM

I was able to get it working by removing the first guid from the ProjectTypeGuids line of the project file and then updating all the MVC assembly references to 2.0.0.0 from 1.0.0.0.  Compiled and ran like a charm after that...  FYI, this is my first exposure to .Net and the MS platform in general so I'm guessing there may be a 'better' way, but it worked for me.

Coordinator
Dec 10, 2009 at 6:11 PM
Sorry, this is the tool for the conversion you did manually.
http://weblogs.asp.net/leftslipper/archive/2009/11/23/migrating-asp-net-mvc-1-0-applications-to-asp-net-mvc-2-beta-updated.aspx

I've been out of town, sorry I missed this.

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 2:40 PM, [email removed] wrote:
> From: dotbombjoe
>
> I was able to get it working by removing the first guid from the
> ProjectTypeGuids line of the project file and then updating all the MVC
> assembly references to 2.0.0.0 from 1.0.0.0.  Compiled and ran like a charm
> after that...  FYI, this is my first exposure to .Net and the MS platform in
> general so I'm guessing there may be a 'better' way, but it worked for me.
>
> Read the full discussion online.
>
> To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email
> ([email removed])
>
> To start a new discussion for this project, email
> [email removed]
>
> You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on
> CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.
>
> Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts
> to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--
Scott Hanselman
http://www.hanselman.com
Dec 14, 2009 at 12:45 PM

Thanks dotbombjoe and shanselman;

MvcAppConverter ran fine then vs10 converted the results on the next open. Project NerdDinner.Tests gets

Error 1 The type name 'MembershipUser' could not be found. This type has been forwarded to assembly 'System.Web.ApplicationServices, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'. Consider adding a reference to that assembly. C:\Users\DaleM\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NerdDinnerConvertedByMVCc\NerdDinner.Tests\Controllers\AccountControllerTest.cs 388 43 NerdDinner.Tests

Error 1 The type name 'MembershipUser' could not be found. This type has been forwarded to assembly 'System.Web.ApplicationServices, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'. Consider adding a reference to that assembly. C:\Users\DaleM\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NerdDinnerConvertedByMVCc\NerdDinner.Tests\Controllers\AccountControllerTest.cs 388 43 NerdDinner.Tests

And the test projects can't have their framework changed. But, project NerdDinner launches even with those 11 errors.
I very much appreciate your help!
Dale E. Moore

Apr 21, 2010 at 8:41 PM
Edited Apr 21, 2010 at 8:47 PM

I too have this error after converting my asp.net mvc 2 application from vs2008 to vs2010 within my unit test application

Error    1    The type name 'MembershipUser' could not be found. This type has been forwarded to assembly 'System.Web.ApplicationServices, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'. Consider adding a reference to that assembly.    C:\Projects\RealEstate\RealEstate.Tests\Controllers\AccountControllerTest.cs    428    43    RealEstate.Tests

Update...

Actually I resolved this issue by adding a reference to System.Web.ApplicationServices within my unit test application.

Thanks

Coordinator
May 14, 2010 at 11:18 PM

Take a look at the Source Control tab here in CodePlex, we've converted the sample to MVC 2 and VS2010.