trying to open the code in vs2012 (resolved, mvc 4 opened fine)

Nov 5, 2012 at 3:25 AM

the main project won't open, any ideas as to what magic bit I have to download to make it open / convert the project to vs 2012 ?

Nov 5, 2012 at 9:04 AM
The main project!!
Are we taking about visual studio or ms sql server.
If VS then go to Branch > Trunk > (or Trunk > Branch ) find sln file and open that.

On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 5:25 AM, BasHamer <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

the main project won't open, any ideas as to what magic bit I have to download to make it open / convert the project to vs 2012 ?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (nerddinner@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email nerddinner@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Nov 5, 2012 at 1:48 PM
Edited Nov 5, 2012 at 1:49 PM

the problem was that when opening the 2.0 solution in visual studio 2012 it would not load the main project.

some unsupported project type error.

when opening the 4.0 solution everything is fine so for my browsing / learning purposes it is all working.

Thanks,

Nov 15, 2012 at 1:10 AM
Edited Nov 15, 2012 at 1:13 AM

BasHamer,

I am having similar issue.

Can you tell me what you mean by "opening 4.0 solution"?

EDIT: Nevermind. I found the 4.0 solution in "Source code" section.

Thanks.

Nov 15, 2012 at 6:52 PM

I got the latest version of the code (http://nerddinner.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/8ea1ecf71b30) and opened the solution in the MVC 4 folder.

the MVC 4 project is a little rough on the edges, there is code that is copy pasted from other versions and it has some files that you'll find missing (like the .format function in the javascript)

But it does stuff when you debug it and you can see how some of the bits work together; but if you are planning on extending it, well then it might not be the best starting point as there are some dangling references you'll run into.

Nov 18, 2012 at 5:05 AM

Thanks Hamer. That was helpful. 

Jan 3, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Edited Jan 3, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Recently downloaded the latest mvc 4 version also and ran into this same error....both my vs10 and vs12-express are claiming the NerdDinner.csproj is incompatible. Is there any resolution to this issue?

Feb 8, 2013 at 5:11 AM
Similar problem - vs10 says the NerdDinner.csproj is incompatible. Is there any resolution to this issue?
Feb 8, 2013 at 5:36 AM
Edited Feb 8, 2013 at 5:39 AM
Try to Download the source code from here http://nerddinner.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/b1a032d1532b and use the MVC4 version.