NerdDinner.edmx file could not be modified

Jun 19, 2010 at 6:08 AM
Edited Jun 20, 2010 at 5:58 AM

I have run into a problem with switching the datasource database. The latist released sample was using SQL Express database within VS2010. It works fine. I tried to move the data source to the full version SQL Server2008 on the same machine with Windows 7. I have to reform the NerdDinner.edmx data source object. From there, everything works the same except the search function could not work. It throws a Json data type error. 

I have found if I do not rebuild the NerdDinner.edmx, by changing the nerdDinnerEntities connection string to point to the full version SQL sever Database, the search function works fine. 

To confirm the reforming of the NerdDinner.edmx data souce is the root cause, I simply deleted the file, and then reform it to point to the original SQL Express database. At this point, the search function throw the same Json type error while other function work fine. Please understand that each test was start fresh from a newly unzipped sample code and no typo found in new files.

A simple question is why I can not reform the NerdDinner.edmx ADO.Entity data souce? Then, how can I solve the problem?